Nathan had his 4-month check-up yesterday. He weighs 17 lbs. 1 oz and is 26" long. The doctor had lots of good news. His strawberry on the left side of his chest is starting outgrow its blood supply which is a good sign. The middle is starting to lose its color a little. He said it might grow a little bit more toward the middle of his chest, but not much. It won't go away completely until he is around 3 or 4 years, but that's okay.
While we were there Nathan sat up on his own for the first time for about 5-10 seconds. I had to strip him down to his diaper for the doctor and afterward I was playing with him on the table waiting for Dr. Flug. I let him go for just a second and he sat there for about 5 seconds and then the next time for longer.
The doctor said we could start rice cereal the next time he stops sleeping through the night. (A few weeks ago he was getting up every night!!) I'm glad to have that as a backup, but I really want to wait as long as possible. I DO enjoy my sleep though...:)
Also, the doctor said that his second tooth was about to come in. Yesterday afternoon I felt and his right bottom tooth cut through sometime yesterday and today you can actually see it! Crazy!
The last major thing to report is that he got 2 shots yesterday PLUS the rotavirus vaccine through a syringe. (The nurse said it AWFUL and tastes like hydrogen peroxide-gross!) I asked Joe to go with me to the doctor just because of the shots. Last time he SCREAMED and my mom and I both got tears in our eyes. The crazy thing about his shots yesterday is that HE DID NOT CRY!!! His let out a tiny whimper, but that was it. He didn't make any noises or faces at all while the nurse gave them to him, but then after she was finished he looked at me and then made his whimper but that quickly went to a smile. He is such a happy baby!!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago




1 comments:
What a big boy! Nathan is growing so fast! I love all the updates!
Post a Comment