Well, my computer was officially infected with "the worm" yesterday. Yes, the big one. Everything was fine and dandy until 5:05 p.m. and boom! It completely stopped working. I was a little concerned because I had a bunch of Nathan's files (babysitting info, gifts received list, announcements list, etc.) on my computer that I couldn't seem to get off. I went to Best Buy to see if they could help me out. It was going to be $300. Yeah, right, please and no thank you. I had a virus on my computer last year and my friend taught me how to reformat my computer. I am always nervous to do it though because it wipes your computer completely clean and you start over like you just got the computer out of the box. I finally got all of Nathan's files and some other files (passwords, address "book", bills info, etc.) copied onto a flash drive. This morning when I got to school I immediately found our tech lady and she helped me out so much! She told me how I could check the files I got off of my computer for the worm and then how to back up my hard drive so if this happens again I won't have to download all of the software programs I have on my computer again. All day today (in between classes of course) I downloaded all of the programs I had on my computer AFTER I hit the "red button" to reformat my computer. It is all done! My computer is pretty much back to the way it was before. Thankfully I save all of my pictures to costco.com, otherwise I would have lost those, too!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment