Sunday, April 26, 2009

It's not Fruit Loops, but it will have to do...

Nathan stopped sleeping through the night. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that already. ha! :) When we went to the doctor on April 11th he told us that we could start giving him cereal with a little milk twice a day. I don't want to start cereal BUT I grilled the doctor about whether or not it was REALLY okay. He said it was fine. I gave in. I started the cereal on April 13th, but he still wouldn't sleep through the night. I stopped because I didn't want to feed him cereal just to feed him cereal. I thought the reason he wasn't sleeping through the night was because he was hungry. After talking to the nurses at school and them convincing me to not give up, I tried it again last Thursday evening. I'm only doing it one time a day though, at bedtime. It is working out beautifully. I figured out exactly how much to feed him and how much milk to give him at the same time to get him to sleep through the night. KNOCK ON WOOD-he has slept through the night 3 nights in a row now.

Here's Nathan enjoying his first cereal experience (even though he was wearing more of it than filling his tummy with it!)

First bite-yummo!
First reaction. Not so bad.
By the end he was enjoying it. Look, he's even smiling for the camera WHILE eating his cereal! What a wonderful little boy!

0 comments: