Tuesday, November 15, 2011

World Series 2011-Game 7

Before the Cardinals even made it out of the NLCS Joe somehow convinced me to buy World Series tickets.  I told him we could get game 7 tickets because every other night there was a game in St. Louis was a school night.  I didn't think we'd get to go because the World Series hadn't gone to game 7 in almost 10 years, but we did! 

My parents were at game 6, which will probably go down in history as the best World Series game ever played. Joe and I watched at home, hoping the Cardinals would win so that we could go to game 7 and watch them win the World Series!  After they won, we were so excited for Friday night. 

Since I was off on Friday, I spent the day getting everything ready for us to go to the game and for Nathan to spend time with us before the game.  After we dropped Nathan off with my parents before the game, we ran and got a little more food and found out seats, just in time to see the first pitch.  The game was so fun!  It was exciting, so loud (which made it even more exciting!), perfect cold weather for a fall baseball game, and even somewhat uneventful following game 6!  It is hard to do the game justice.  The rally towels, cheering fans, everybody high-fiving anyone within their reach after each hit, run, and Texas out...it was the most amazing baseball game of my life! 

Joe was supposed to make a silly face...


Pujols batting


Proof the Cardinals are the best!

Beginning of the last inning

3 outs until World Champions...

2 outs until World Champions...

1 out until World Champions...

World Champions!!!!

0 outs left!!!

It was so much fun to watch the team
Fireworks!!


Pujols

Freese's corvette!



0 comments: