Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baylor Women's Basketball=Better Than Your Team!

I love Baylor.  That actually might be a slight understatement.  I remember visiting Baylor during homecoming week in 1999 with my dad.  As we walked across the most beautiful campus of any school I had visited, I knew I had to go there.  The choice was a little more risky for me because I had been accepted to two freshman entry programs at Marquette and SLU, but I knew Baylor was for me.  That was the best decision I could have made because I loved everything about my experience.  The friends.  The husband. The apartment.  The degree.  The husband.  The town (yes, I said that) and state.  The husband.  The sorority.  The husband....oh and the SPORTS! 


We are #1 in the big 12 this year.  One of the reasons we are #1 (there are actual stats to back this up by the way) is because of Kim Mulkey and her team.  40-0.  Before you say "no biggie", let me fill you in that no team ever, men or women, has ever done this.  So proud of the Lady Bears.

It is so fun to be able to share in the excitement of Baylor sports with my husband.  And, since our move to St. Louis, we have had the privilege of meeting a ton of Baylor alumni who also enjoy watching and cheering on Baylor sports.  So, Joe and I have set up a few watch parties over the last few seasons so that we can all get together and watch the games together.  They are a lot of fun and I have made a lot of great new friends-including a parent of a couple of former students at Lafayette, which her daughters think is so "weird!" 

Here we are at the National Championship:


0 comments: