Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hunting Eggs

Before our first Easter egg hunt of the season, my mom had the great idea of having the boys practice.  For Will, this was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!  He is obsessed in a big way with balls, so he walked around the yard saying "ba" and pointing at the eggs.  Then he'd pick one up and just carry it around. 


On March 31st we went to my parents' church  for an Easter egg hunt.  They do a great job of separating the kids by age so that the little ones don't get run over.  Will actually got the hang of it and started picking up eggs and putting them in the basket.  Then he figured out there was candy inside them, so he picked up one more egg and then spent the next 5 minutes trying to open it.  I love how watching him take in all of these new experiences!
Nathan and Audrey.  They both go to Lydia's house three days a week together. 
Words can't describe this relationship.
Lydia with her two boys.  Bright sun + horrible allergies = not so great picture

Someday he will smile for pictures, right? :)
Nathan would pick up an egg, shake it, and if it made sound, he'd run to his basket and put it in there.  If it didn't make a sound, he'd chuck it over his shoulder and move onto the next one and do the same thing.  It was all so funny to watch!  He didn't even keep his basket with him!  I was impressed nobody stole his eggs.


We are going to miss Lydi next year! :-(
The boys' names were drawn and Nathan picked out an Easter basket to take home.  It has a water gun in it.  Thank you SCBC for introducing my son to water guns. :)

After hunting Easter eggs we ran to Walmart to do a quick grocery store run.  Originally I went in alone, but after I saw that the bakery had sugar cookies for kids to decorate and eat, I called Joe and had him bring the kids in.  They made cookies while I shopped!  Nathan loved it, as I'm sure you can tell by all of the icing on his face!

0 comments: