We started our Easter celebration the Thursday before Easter with Nathan's Easter party at school. I saw this idea on a blog that I read, and wished I was at home with Nathan during the week so that we could have done a "hunt for your lunch." Instead, I used part of an egg carton and just put his lunch inside the eggs for him to open at lunch time. (By the way-the best part about Pinterest is that everyone is so obsessed with it and puts ideas that they see on Facebook and on blogs. The best part about not having a Pinterest account is getting to use these great ideas without getting sucked into it! :))
 |
| can't rotate it! |
Fairly random, but here is Will watching the Cards game. He was VERY into it. Nathan was at my parents' spending the night, and usually Will takes that opportunity to destroy Nathan's train table, but this time he decided he needed to catch up on baseball!
I was off school on Good Friday and Joe was off work so we spent the whole day together. I found a coupon to Red Robin, so we thought we'd take the kids there for dinner that night. After dinner Nathan wanted to do one of those "money-eating machines" so I told him he could try the one with balls in it because it seemed like the only one he had a chance at winning. And of course, he did! On the first try, I moved the claw over a ball that seemed loose from the others. We moved it but didn't get it. On the second try we got it! Good thing, too because there wasn't going to be a third try! :)

The next day, there were a lot of things I wanted to do with Nathan to get ready for Easter. Another idea I saw on that same blog was Resurrection rolls. I didn't want to do something that was over his head, so while we were relaxing on the couch together that afternoon I asked Nathan what a cross had to do with Jesus. He said, "he died on the cross for all of the bad things." Um, okay, guess you're ready, bud! I totally didn't think he'd know anything about it, but I also knew that his school and babysitter were teaching him about Easter. I guess they did a great job! So, we started making our "bread":
 |
| Ingredients |
 |
| Rolling the marshmallow in the "spices" (cinnamon sugar) |
 |
| All wrapped up and ready for the oven |
 |
| Ready to eat |
 |
| The marshmallow is gone! |
 |
| They were sooo yummy! They tasted just like cinnamon rolls. |
 |
| Will enjoyed them, too. |
That afternoon, Joe's brother Geoffrey, his wife Vielka and daughter Genevieve, sent us a package with lots of yummy chocolate and bunny pasta. Unfortunately the pasta bag broke and a little of the pasta fell out of the bag. I gave the escaped pasta to Nathan to make a necklace. Every free moment he had that day was spent making his necklace! I was amazed at his concentration and attention span.
Then it was time to dye eggs. I debated FOREVER on this one, but we went ahead and did it. I let him pick three colors (I only had 8 eggs and 1 broke). I saw someone mention they did it out on the driveway and I thought that was such a great idea so we took our project out to the deck. He did so great. He was careful with the eggs and patient while waiting for them to be done soaking!
 |
| The egg kid came with eyes and mouths to put on the eggs. He loved this "project" too! |
 |
| Love that face! :) |
0 comments:
Post a Comment