Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Big 12 Tournament

March is one of my favorite months of the year!  Our anniversary is in March, which is fantastic, but I have to say I *might be slightly more excited about the fact that it is March Madness time! :)  (Just kidding, Joe!)  Since the Big 12 is losing a couple of teams (thank you very much, Mizzou...hope you get your tails kicked in the SEC.), we wanted to go to see Baylor play!  We left on Friday and watched the men play and BEAT Kansas.  It was an awesome game.  Every player was "on" and I am so glad that we were there to see it!  Joe has now been at 2/3 games in which Baylor has beaten Kansas.

After the game that night, a Kansas fan approached us and asked if we wanted to buy their tickets for the championship because they didn't want to go anymore.  We said sure and we were so glad that we did because they actually charged us less than the face value and scalpers outside were charging 3-4x's the face value of tickets!  The Kansas fans were so nice, and really were all of the fans, except for Missouri fans.  In fact, every single fan (besides Missouri fans) were rooting for Baylor in the finals.  Even though Baylor lost, we were so so so proud of them and we know that there are better things to come.  I can definitely say, if WE would have won, we wouldn't have boo'ed the commissioner of the Big 12...just sayin'. :)

On Saturday, before the men's championship game, we went to watch the women's championship game.  Baylor beat up on A&M and it was so awesome!  I'm sure they will get used to it in the SEC, too! :)

Before we left for the trip and to take the boys to Lydia's for the day, we made waffles.  I'm not sure if you are aware, but waffles taste SO much better with a bike helmet on! :)

 

Sea of blue before the Baylor/KU game.  Being at the tournament was so awesome...I really don't know how to explain it.  I LOVED to see how much the KU fans loved their team and how every single one of their fans knew everything there was to know about every single player.  I didn't realize how much KU fans love their team! 
Before heading into the Sprint Center to watch the Baylor/KU game.  One interesting fact about the Sprint Center:  I have Sprint and could not get service.  Random!


We won!
Before the women's game
Tip-off

Cutting the net.  I bet Mulkey has enough net to make her own entirely new net!
National anthem before the Baylor vs. Misery game

0 comments: