We had a great Fourth of July this year-except it would have been even better if Joe could have spent the WHOLE weekend with us! It was hard not having Daddoe around the whole time, but we understood because he just started his new job and had big projects to work on. We are so proud of him!
Saturday, July 2nd, we all got up and went to breakfast at Bob Evans. While we were there, Will decided I needed to cool off so he pulled my completely full water glass over on top of me. Guess it's time to start putting some all things out of reach! After breakfast, I took the boys out to Innsbrook to spend the day with my parents. We arrived around 10 and headed to the pool. Nathan had fun swimming with Bapa and Will enjoyed hanging out in the shade with Mimi. I did take Will in the pool for a little while and he did great!
Chew, chew chew! I'm still waiting for that second tooth to pop through!
After swimming we went back to the chalet and took naps (Have I ever mentioned I take 2-3 naps a day while I'm at Innsbrook? I do. And it is amazing. Thanks to my parents for always watching the kiddos so I can nap!!)
First sink bath-notice the fingers in the mouth! When there is nothing available to chew/suck on, the fingers go straight in the mouth. This is such a cute stage.
After Nathan woke up we watched part of a movie and then headed to the beach to watch the fireworks. It was SO HOT! I asked my dad to take Will to the car for about 45 minutes because we were all sweating just sitting there! We had snacks and Nathan played in the water and sand. It was nice, but so hot and no breeze. Next year we will definitely be taking our swimsuits so we can get in the water while waiting for the fireworks to start.
Innsbrook has the best fireworks show I have ever seen. It is great because they shoot them off from barges that are really close so the fireworks are right above us. Everyone LOVED the fireworks, even Will. His eyes were glued to the sky the whole time and he never cried.
Watching the fireworks
Look at that chunk! (Will, not my dad!) I kept removing articles of clothing because it was so hot and I was concerned he'd get overheated.
Nathan was so cute. He'd clap for the fireworks when he really liked them. The fireworks show was the time I missed Joe the most because I know he would have loved to have seen how excited Nathan was. His excitement and fascination are definitely memories I will never forget!



0 comments:
Post a Comment