We started potty training Nathan on May 30th. Joe was off for 3 weeks between school and starting his new job, so we though it would be the perfect time. We did the whole timer thing and making him go every 10-20 minutes. We pumped him full of fluid. One of us stayed home every day with him. We continued this for about two weeks. Joe parents came into town on June 8th we left for Chicago on JUne 10th. We were there until the 12th. We came home for 4 days and then left for my cousin's wedding in Kansas. The whole time we were putting him in pull-ups during naps and bedtimes and then while we were traveling in the car. If we didn't make him go he would sometimes go on his own, but rarely. We had a potty seat in the bathroom, basement, and kitchen. By the time we got home from my cousin's wedding on June 18th, I felt like I was the one being potty trained and that we really hadn't made THAT much progress. The following 4 days I felt like we were in rewind mode. Accidents were more frequent and I was frustrated. I finally called the doctor on June 22nd and asked if I could put him back in diapers...I REALLY didn't want to do that because I knew he wouldn't be able to go to W.E.E. School at our church, but at the rate we were going I figured he'd NEVER get potty trained! The nurse said we could, so I put him in a diaper a few minutes before putting him down for his nap. While Nathan was napping the nurse called back and said after consulting the doctor that was in the office that day, we should not stop the potty training. AHHHH!!! I was almost in tears! I called my mom and she reminded me of a "program" that a friend of mine used was known for working in 3 days. I called her and she sent me the link to 3 day potty training. I read the book in about 40 minutes and knew I wanted to start the next day. Nathan was supposed to spend the night with my parents, so I met my mom at Walmart. I bought the things the author suggested getting, picked up Nathan and then headed home. We got up the next morning and started. The first day we had a bunch of accidents (about 9) and then after that the number dropped off drastically. He even had a digestive problem throughout the three days and still did great! Every time he would have an accident he'd say "poor Woody" or "poor Nemo." We are now going between 4 and 5 days at a time without a single accident. He is also dry for naps and overnight. It has almost been two weeks since he has woken up wet! I'm very proud of him and am so excited that he gets to go to W.E.E. School!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment