Saturday, August 11, 2012

Last Day of Summer

My last day at home with the kids for the summer was Tuesday, so we tried to do as much as we could!   We started out in the basement with a little laundry.  On the way up Will decided he needed to bring about 10 toys with him.  He could put one or two on two steps above him, go back down, pick up more toys, put them on the same step, and so on and so forth.  It took him about 5 minutes to get up the stairs this way, but he finally made it and it was so cute to watch him do it!


Then we headed to Suson Park to play:


Watching the cow-milking demonstration
Having a chat with the horse.  I think the horse wanted snacks.  What he doesn't know is that Will does NOT share his food.
Then it was time for lunch and watch the Olympics before nap.  To get into the Olympic spirit, Will decided to dress like an Olympian:

While Will napped, Nathan and I made cookie dough so he could take cookies to Amanda's house the next day:
Nathan's first attempt at cracking an egg.  We might give it another try in a year or two...or five.
mixing the dough.
multi-tasking:  smiling for the camera and mixing the dough without making a mess-amazing!
After his nap it was time to make cookies before dinner:

Then it was time to go back downstairs and play some more.  Will wanted try out brother's bike!

It was such a fun summer and we got SO much done.  I sure am going to miss a lot about my summer with my two favorite boys.  I will miss:  letting Will sleep in until 9:00 a.m. and watching cartoons with Nathan until 8:00, fixing him breakfast, and watering the plants with him while we wait for Will to wake up.  I will miss play dates on a whim.  I will miss making them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day for lunch.  I will miss taking a "nap" with Nathan every day.  I will miss watching them learn new things-Will's new words and activities.  Nathan's new ways of helping and his growing independence.  I will miss watching Nathan care for Will.  I will miss taking Nathan to swimming lessons and going to the pool with the boys after dinner.  I will miss not having to worry about bedtimes as much and spending up to an hour every night with Nathan after Will goes to bed.  I will miss seeing their sweet faces all day every day. 

Even though there is so much to miss, I am very thankful that I am a teacher so that I get to spend every summer making new memories that I will always remember!

0 comments: