Thursday, January 5, 2012

Texas Christmas 2011: Part II

On Christmas morning we woke up and found a note that Santa left for Nathan!  He had also eaten all of the banana bread we left for him!


Then we headed into the living room to open presents. Santa filled the boys' stockings and left them on the couch!
Baby's first Christmas morning!
My big boy with his stocking
Getting ready to open Will's present from Nana and Grandpa
"Dash" the logging train from Santa
Opening his gift from Nana and Grandpa
Helping Daddoe open his gift
"Yummy, a new toothbrush!"
"AND new toothpaste?!  I'm one lucky guy!"
"AND my own sippy cup!!  Now I don't have to steal Nathan's!"
A very soft lamb from Nana and Grandpa
After presents we got dressed and had our Happy Birthday Jesus party/breakfast.  We sang happy birthday and then had a yummy breakfast thanks to Grandpa!


That evening the rest of the family came over to celebrate Christmas and have the annual spaghetti dinner.  Toward the end of the night we put on Monsters Inc. for Nathan.  Eventually almost the whole family ended up in the family room with him watching the movie.  I really think he enjoyed being surrounded by family just watching a movie!  Around 7:45 I tried to get Will ready for bed, but after I got his clothes off his crawled away, so we let him crawl around in a diaper for a while.  A little while later I walked into the family room and saw him crawl right up to Nathan.  About two seconds later I saw this:
That's right, Nathan gave Will a hug-ON. HIS. OWN.  One for the history books for sure!  Then he turned and smiled for the camera!  Surely it must have been his Christmas present to me. :)
At least Nathan was ready for the picture! :)
Sippy cup practice

0 comments: