Monday, January 16, 2012

William's One-year Stats

Will had his one-year check-up today.   Here are his stats compared to Nathan at 1 year:

Will:
Height=31" (87%)
Weight=26 lbs. 2 oz. (87%)
Head Circumference=18"

Nathan:
Height=32.5" (97%)
Weight=25 lbs. 8 oz. (83%)
Head Circumference=19" (93%)

Will also got three shots today.  I'm glad he didn't understand the meaning of "shots" before his appointment this morning because Nathan was walking about the house this morning chanting "Will is going to get shots today!"  Way to be encouraging to your little brother, bud!

Will's reaction to the shots got progressively worse and by the third one he was in a full-out cry fest...so sad!

The doctor asked if he is on "real" milk yet.  This time around it has been a lot different as far as nursing goes. I was able to save a ton (maybe not a ton...after counting up the bottles/bags at our house and coming up with a rough estimate from my parents' house, I think I have about 1000 oz. saved up.  (That's almost 8 gallons!) So no, he hasn't started "real" milk.  The current issue is that he is having difficulty switching to a sippy cup, he refuses to drink when I try to give him a bottle unless he is very sleepy, AND he won't drink cold milk .  I think this is going to be a LONG weening process!

The doctor said he looks very healthy and that besides "being very healthy, those blue eyes are going to get him out of a lot of trouble someday"-ha!  That's what you think, Dr. Lackey!  :)

0 comments: